Follow UsFor the latest news, photos, tastings and more, please visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or join our email list. Join our mailing list
Every person, every business, every product has a carbon footprint. Wine is certainly no exception. September Wines recognizes this and is committed to operating as green as possible. Here are some of the steps we've taken in an effort to protect our planet.
- We make annual donations to carbonfund.org, an organization that supports carbon reducing projects like renewable energy, energy efficiency and reforestation projects. We encourage you to look into reducing your own carbon footprint by visiting www.carbonfund.org.
- We use green energy at the store through Accent Energy. Accent Energy is committed to supporting the development and adoption of clean, renewable power. If you're interested, www.accentenergy.com.
- We ask customers if they'd like a bag instead of just giving them one.
- When we use bags, we use paper. The only time we use plastic is when it is raining substantially. If you don't need a bag, please don't take one - it is not illegal to carry a bottle of alcohol if it has not been opened.
- We use recycled paper products and organic cleaning supplies.
- We make over 95% of our deliveries on foot, via bicycle or mass transit.
- When selecting our wines, we favor producers who are employing sustainable or organic farming methods.
We don't claim to be perfect, but we try to do our fair share and are always looking to do more in the fight against climate change. We hope you'll join us.